Your new company
Joining Oxford City Council's affordable housing supply team is your opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a city steeped in history and innovation. You'll be at the forefront of one of the council's four key priorities - delivering more affordable housing. This ambition recognises the programme of work required in order to address Oxford's housing crisis, where existing homes are unaffordable for many - the challenge is significant and, as such, the council is seeking somebody that is able to support the delivery of the programme through engaging with key stakeholders.
HAYS are delighted to be working in partnership with the council to present an exciting new permanent opportunity for a Housing Development Manager.
Your new role
As a Housing Development Manager, you will facilitate the successful delivery of affordable housing projects, making a positive difference for residents across the city. The council's housing company has developed a housing supply programme which is starting to deliver more affordable homes, through direct delivery, acquisitions and enabling the contribution to the wider affordable housing supply programme. You will lead on key elements of this programme, including a focus on capital monitoring as part of managing direct delivery schemes through effective partnership working with the housing company.
- Become a strategic partner - leading the development of affordable schemes, and contributing to estate regeneration, through effective capital monitoring and thorough maintaining close and effective relationships with stakeholders within OX Place (https://oxplace.co.uk/).
- Identify new development opportunities and develop innovation and innovative approaches to funding the development of affordable housing.
- Lead work streams and initiatives within the programme to deliver on the council's ambition to deliver more affordable homes.
- Appraise, negotiate, and procure housing projects, including securing consents and approvals.
- Deputise for the affordable housing supply corporate lead in leading on the delivery of the priority of delivering more affordable housing.
What you'll need to succeed
If you are a passionate and energetic professional, then this could be a fantastic new opportunity for you.. are you ready to make a difference within a team who have a vision ad passion to do exactly that? - You will need to have degree-level education or relevant experience working in a similar role within the built environment, which could be in the private or the public sectors. In addition, you will need to possess a successful track record of developing and delivering affordable housing schemes, possessing knowledge of the affordable housing delivery agenda and planning process.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a salary of up to £55,076 per annum. It's not all about the money! - Oxford City Council are proud to boast a market-leading benefits package and flexible working culture to meet with your personal circumstance and to allow you to live a healthy and balanced life. Additional benefits include access to the local government pension scheme, subsided leisure memberships, professional membership payments, access to CPD events, and a hybrid working policy where most of your role can be undertaken from home.
Visit our recruitment website to learn more about the vision, culture and opportunity - https://webmicrosites.hays.co.uk/web/occ
What you need to do now
Please contact us today or click 'apply now' if you are interested in applying for this position. Alternately, if an initial informal and confidential conversation would be of interest in the first instance, please contact Tom Yeo - 07864247548.
Please apply as soon as possible if interested, as the council may look to accelerate this process based on initial response.