Your new company
You will be joining a contractor who specialises in fit-out and building construction, primarily within the commercial space. They are a solutions-focussed company, and pride themselves on their commitment to problem-solving, understanding unique requirements, and meeting project objectives/outcomes. This company was formed by the owners of a well known Perth subcontractor. They\'ve taken on an influx of new projects and are now looking to expand their team, thus creating an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join their team.
This is a Perth-based position, and the successful candidate will be required to live and work in Perth. This role is open to overseas candidates.
Your new role
You will be required to manage a variety of projects, primarily in the commercial space.
Your day-to-day requirements will include (but not be limited to):
- Achieving project objectives and taking action on issues as required.
- Analysing, evaluating, and interpreting a range of complex and technical documents including (but not limited to) relevant regulatory, legislative, and licencing requirements, drawings and specifications, codes and standards, and OHS requirements.
- Strong project planning, scheduling, and cost control.
- Ensuring the highest quality standards at all times.
- Maintaining an accurate and traceable documentation trail of drawings and details during the project execution phase.
- Ensuring project dates and requirements are accurate and met and maintaining constant communication with key vendors.
This role generally requires you to work Monday-Friday, with some weekend/evening work required (dependent upon project).
What you\'ll need to succeed
- Prior experience as a Project Manager for construction projects (Commercial Fit out/refurbishment is preferred).
- Australian Driving licence or the ability to obtain one.
- Project Management/Construction qualifications (or equivalent).
- Can-do, positive attitude.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Self-management and time management skills.
What you\'ll get in return
- Competitive salary package.
- Company vehicle.
- Supportive team environment.
- Flexible environment.
- VISA Sponsorship and relocation support where required (for the right candidate).
- Career progression and ongoing learning & development.
What you need to do now
If you\'re seriously considering a relocation to Perth, Australia and feel that you have the skills and experience for this role, please click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion.