Your new company
One of the UK\'s leading civil engineering contractors with a reputation for delivering projects with the highest standards. The company predominantly works on the highways, Water and utilities sectors. Due to company expansion and new projects, they are recruiting an experienced Estimator in the Cambridgeshire area.
Your new role
As an Estimator, you will be responsible for:
- Analysing drawings, specifications, and tender documents to understand the scope and risk of the projects
- Preparing accurate estimates for civil projects
- Liaising with clients, consultants, suppliers and subcontractors to obtain relevant information and quotations
- Using estimating software such as conquest and MS Office to produce detailed breakdowns and reports
- Working closely with the bid manager and the commercial team to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Keeping up to date with market trends and practices
- Attending site visits and pre-tender meetings as required
What you\'ll need to succeed
- A Degree or Equivalent in civil engineering
- At least 5 to 10 years experience in estimating, preferably with a focus on highways or other heavy civil work.
- Strong commercial awareness and negotiation skills
- A full UK driving licence
- Good communication skills - written & verbal
What you\'ll get in return
- £50,000 - £65,000/ annum DOE
- Company Car
- Hybrid working
- Bonus Schemes
- Career progression
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.