Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working exclusively with Barnardo\'s- the largest national children\'s charity in the UK.
Barnardo\'s support and protect children and young people facing a wide range of issues, from drug misuse to disability, from sexual abuse to domestic violence. But one thing has never changed: like their founder, Thomas Barnardo, they believe that with the right help, children can change their lives and achieve their potential. Over 150 years ago, Barnardo promised to support those children in need of help - regardless of their circumstances, gender, race, disability or behaviour. Today, they continue to honour that promise.
Your new role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Asset Manager to deliver the Property Asset Management requirements of the organisation in an effective and efficient manner. This is a permanent full-time position which is home based where the ideal candidate needs to be based in the North of England.
The Asset Manager role is directly aligned to the vision of our future integrated Business Services operating model and will form part of the leadership group for our Property Department.
This role will be crucial in bringing to life the six guiding principles of integrated Business Services; People Focused, Data Led, Customer Focused, Continuous Improvement, One Stop Shop and Flexible Solutions. Want to find out more information?
Some of the responsibilities for the role:
- Reporting to the Senior Asset Manager.
- Responsible for the management of the Assets in the North- Merseyside across to Lincolnshire all the way North to Scottish Border. Our properties are more heavily concentrated in the North West. There are approx. 325 property interests in this patch, approx. 220 are retail stores, the rest being Children's Services.
- Develop and lead projects and programmes of work, which produce outputs that can be used to inform key strategic internal decisions and/or to influence external audiences.
- Responsible for asset management including rent reviews, lease renewals, lease re-gears, disposals/surrenders, acquisitions, property management, estate management, service charges, valuation, etc.
- Support the Senior Asset Manager to establish culture change and processes within the team, and the wider organisation.
- Provide appropriate professional advice on all property matters.
What you\'ll need to succeed
- You will be based in the North of England
- Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
- General Practice Surveying background
- Experience in commercial property transactions. Proficient in Landlord & Tenant matters, with legal understanding of commercial leases.
- Experience with day-to-day Property Management of commercial portfolio
- Proven track record of analysing and planning property portfolio improvements.
- Experience of successfully operating in a large, complex, fast paced, and geographically spread property environment.
- Ability to strategically lead, plan, and deliver various projects within a portfolio.
- Understanding of property market, trends, challenges and emerging legislation.
- Evidence of active continued professional development to support delivery of the role.
What you\'ll get in return
- Salary £50,000-£56,500 plus car
- 36.25 hours per week
- Remote working with access to collaboration hubs / flexible desk spaces within the portfolio - site visits 1-2 days per week
- Barnardo\'s believe in creating equality of opportunity in the workplace and supporting people to manage their work-life balance; we are therefore open to offering flexible working arrangements.
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing after 5 years service
- The ability to buy up to another 5 days annual leave via our HolidayPlus scheme
- A host of family friendly leave options including company Maternity Paternity and Adoption pay; together with all family additional leave options
- Service related sick pay from day 1
- Access to a Group Personal Pension with a matched 4% or 6% contribution from Barnardo\'s. Ability to pay via salary sacrifice to garner both tax and NI savings on your own contribution
- Death in service cover of 4x annual earnings for all staff contributing to our Group Personal Pension
- Cycle2work scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via our Benefit Portal
- 20% discount at Barnardo\'s stores
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Access to Barnardo\'s Learning and Development offer
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.