A large FM and Maintenance contractor who run the contract for the Ministry of Justice to maintain Uk Prisons has an exciting opportunity
For a Site FM supervisor to join the team based in Rutland (Stocken Prison). This is a temporary role but has the potential to go permanently.
The role will require security vetting and clearance. It will also include working on an on-call rota (overtime paid).
* Assist in and lead the delivery of a range of facilities services to the prison in line with contractual commitments. Compliance focused.
* To manage and deliver a proactive service in delivering planned maintenance and remedials on behalf of the client via on-site staff and contracted labour resources.
* Plan and programme maintenance activities according to the Compliance programme and within the CAFM system, prioritising work in a hierarchy of safety, compliance and contractual requirements.
* Assist in the day to day running of the Estate, leading a team of building engineers (Electricians, plumbers, jokers etc), Stores People and Cleaners whilst working with contractors on site.
* Help to maintain standards as set out in the Service Level Agreement.
* Communicate problems and concerns promptly through line management, ensuring quick resolution.
* Ensure the health, safety and security of staff, contractors, premises, and equipment by encouraging and monitoring best practices at all times.
* Check and sign timesheets in accordance with procedures.
* Ensure all requirements are met through liaising with HMPS management to receive and manage expectations.
What are we looking for?
* Previous experience of working within the Facilities/Estate management arena.
* Must be technically qualified. Trade qualification minimum.
* Facilities Management qualifications are advantageous.
* Extensive knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and compliance.
* IT Literate.
* Team management, working on own initiative, understand deadlines and priority.
* To Supervise, Lead and deliver a proactive service in delivering Planned maintenance and remedials on behalf of the client.
* To supervise and lead all teams' PPM activities in line with company procedures and in adherence to site rules inclusive of Health and safety, environmental and quality systems.
* To provide a single point of contact for the team members allocated to PPM and compliance services.
* To Lead the team in line with site and company policies and procedures.
* To deliver all agreed KPI - SLA targets and objectives set to meet our contractual obligations.
* To set the standard by demonstrating a professional approach whilst delivering and supervising the team.
* Provide appropriate challenge and assurance to ensure that work is delivered to the highest standard and to Health and Safety.
* Build a solid relationship with key influential persons and maintain that momentum.
* To deputise for the Site Manager as and when requested.
* To deputise for the Works Supervisor as and when requested.
* Point of Contact for all contractors and ensure receipt of compliance documentation including competencies, certificates, Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
* Contractor management of outsourced services, including specialist hard services, fire systems, lifts, hygiene, water and waste management.
* Act as the approved person for a given discipline if qualified and competent (HV/LV electrical work, pressure systems, confined spaces, steam etc).
* Maintain and seek to improve the safety culture and health/wellbeing within the team by delivering Tool Box Talks and enforcing Zero Code.
* Oversee and Supervise the Office Administrator and that elements of the contract are maintained and completed to support contract delivery in accordance with the contract & KPI's.
* To manage the site compliance register and ensure weekly submission to MOJ. Compliance
Ensure contractors are booked in within the required time frame to deliver the service.
* To manage remedial works via contractors.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.