Your new company
An Essex-based family run civil engineering and highways contractor who has been serving the UK for the past 50 years. The organisation operates term maintenance contracts for local authorities as well as completing capital schemes and major highway works for private and government clients. Due to company expansions and recent promotions, the organisation is recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
Your new role
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will assist in administration and management of costs and contracts relating to projects. The role involves most aspects of work from initial tender to final accounts and close out, looking to minimise costs and enhance value for money whilst liaising with the company's expectations of achieving the required standards and quality.
As a Senior QS, you will be responsible for:
- Analytical Thinking & Decision-Making
- Cost Engineering
- Project Management
- Commercial Management
- Development, Recruitment and Retention
What you\'ll need to succeed
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying or Equivalent
- Good communication skills - oral and written
- Teamwork skills
- Industry Knowledge
- Good understanding of NEC3/4 forms of contract
- Previous commercial experience
- Previous Civils (Highways) experience
What you\'ll get in return
- £55,000 - £70,000 per year
- Company Car and business mileage
- Company Pension
- Hybrid working
- Sick Pay
- Life Insurance
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.