Your new company
A tier 1 Contractor are working on a number of major highway scheme projects taking place over the next year. They have worked on some of the biggest infrastructure projects within the UK.
Your new role
The successful post-holder will be responsible for assisting with the control of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety on a range of contracts.
* Manage the commercial resources (finance) of the assigned project (or section) to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts
* Provide commercial expertise for contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims, budget monitoring, and contract/workstream performance data
* Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement the clients\' policies for risk management
* Support the authorisation and submission of project variations. To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders
* Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
* Value work executed by subcontractors and certify interim and final payments.
* Implement all of the contractors policies including those for SHE and risk management
* Promote contractors Group's values towards its customers in order to meet or exceed their expectations
What you'll need to succeed
* Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or HNC in Quantity Surveying desirable)
* Experience within a similar role in the Construction/Highways Industry
* Experience working within a Tier 1 Main Contractor preferred
* Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
* Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
* Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
* Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
What you'll get in return
* Up to £399 per day Umbrella
* 6 Month rolling contract, chance to extend
* Hybrid working pattern (1 day working from home, 4 on site)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.