Your new company
A large inner-city council based in the East Midlands are seeking to appoint an interim Disposals and Development Manager for a 6-month contract. The role is full time, Monday-Friday and will be hybrid. The role will involve Asset Rationalisation, Property Disposals and Asset Valuations.
Your new role
- To be the lead expert advisor in the functional area and to provide leadership and line management to the development and disposals team. Line management responsibility to include training & development, formal appraisal and welfare considerations and performance management.
- To lead the design, management and implementation of the Council's Asset disposal programme and action plans etc. and managing associated individual asset disposals from inception through to completion and ensuring effective performance management.
- To lead on the review of the Councils commercial portfolio in consultation with the Corporate Portfolio and Investment Manager, undertaking options appraisal/business case production as necessary and making clear recommendation as to the retention or disposal of assets as appropriate.
- To be responsible for dealing with all complex and routine asset disposal and development matters including the undertaking of required due diligence, valuation, inspection, marketing, and negotiations with purchasers/developers and obtaining all necessary approvals from project inception through to completion.
- To support the Council's housing, regeneration and development ambitions through the effective management of disposals and provision of timely and expert property advice.
- To support and assist the Strategic Asset Manager as required in the provision of property related advice relating to operational property considerations.
- To lead on the commissioning and undertaking of the annual asset valuation programme using both internal and external resources. Undertake/commission ad hoc valuations as required.
What you\'ll need to succeed
You will be MRICS Chartered Surveyor and ideally be a registered Valuer as well as having extensive experience managing large Disposals and Development teams within a Local Authority setting.
What you\'ll get in return
You will have the opportunity to have a huge impact on a major Local Authority in the East Midlands, a completive day rate and a 6 month contract with the opportunity to be extended.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.