Your new company
A well established housebuilder who pride themselves on the quality of their projects. They work closely with government bodies, housing associations, and local authorities and have earnt themselves a reputation for their delivery, quality, and sector knowledge across all housing tenures.
Your new role
- You will help to guide the assistant QS on projects
- You will work closely with other departments within the company and attend meetings to discuss all areas that may have an impact on cost
- Check all contract drawings to identify errors and other aspects that may lead to unnecessary costs.
- You will be responsible for the preparation of construction cost analysis.
- You will prepare stage payment schedules to help with the financing of the works
- Place subcontractor orders - including negotiating the contract sum within the budget
- Keep the RAMS schedule updated
- Attend site meetings, subcontractor meetings, project team meetings, and surveying meetings
What you\'ll need to succeed
- Experience in quantity surveying and knowledge of all aspects of construction techniques & mixed-tenure schemes
- Great mathematical skills and a logical approach to your work
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively manage your own workload to meet set deadlines
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages - with the use of Excel at a proficient level being essential
- Ability to learn new computer systems - e.g., COINS, Xpedeon, etc
What you\'ll get in return
- Competitive salary + annual bonus + car / car allowance / travel allowance
- Up to 33 days annual leave
- Competitive pension scheme
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.