Your new company
Hays are representing an established engineering company which have been in operation for over 50 years and during that time has increased the market coverage internationally from their headquarters in Co. Down to now having a presence in 5 countries globally. They specialise in MEICA projects and solutions, including Mechanical Electrical and Process design as well as manufacturing, contracting and installation.
Your new role
This is a permanent job based in Newry reporting to the Sales and Service Manager. You will be responsible for the service team, developing and implementing service procedures and maintaining strong customer relationships. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to develop their career into a key role for a progressive engineering company.
Manage, plan and coordinate the service department by:
- Delegating and directing service tasks, monitoring the progress of current projects, and managing and motivating service team members to ensure the team's objectives and goals are met.
- Manage the operation of site engineers and sub-contractors on service contracts, including planned and emergency response work.
- Oversee service engineers in the response to out-of-hours call-outs when required.
- Become knowledgeable and technically competent with FME product range of pumping and wastewater treatment equipment.
- Maintain strong customer relationships and improve response times.
- Maintain strong relationships with manufacturers, dealers, and sales representatives.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of industry regulations, restrictions, and laws, ensuring the company's adherence to these regulations, and remain updated on the industry's standards and new innovations, materials, tools, and processes.
- Assist with administrative tasks, such as managing and updating invoices, processing new orders, and tracking inventory when needed.
- Oversee the management of key accounts and contracts in accordance with the customers procedures, reporting and KPI requirements.
- Resolve any service problems and customer complaints.
- Create and present regular reports to senior management.
- Instruct customers on equipment operation, care and maintenance.
What you\'ll need to succeed
To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
- Experience in a Service/Operations management position.
- Strong man-management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and ability to multitask.
- Competency of common office software (Outlook, Word, Excel etc or similar).
- Full clean driving licence.
- Capacity to manage and prioritise a high volume of work that requires completion within tight timeframes.
- Industry knowledge desirable.
- Mechanical/electrical experience.
- Engineering experience/qualification.
- Competence in accounts/sales software (Sage, CRMs, databases etc).
- CSR Card.
What you\'ll get in return
Salary range £35,000 - £40,000
A higher salary is negotiable for anyone who can demonstrate significant experience in a similar role.
33 days holidays with 1 additional day every 5 years continuous service
Health and Well-being Plan
On-site free car parking
Employee training and development programme
37.5 hours per week, early finish every Friday - 3.00pm
Access to company pool vehicle
Westfield Health Plan
Life Insurance Cover
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.