Your new company
Your new company is a Top 10 ranked global engineering consultancy with 1650 employees across the UK. With office locations in most major UK cities, your new company have a Building Structures Team for the North spread across Chester, Manchester and Leeds which you would join.
They operate across an incredible range of sectors; most commonly universities and schools, healthcare facilities such as hospitals, commercial units including mixed-use city centre towers, leisure facilities including football stadium and MoD and MoJ facilities such as mega-prisons. The value of most of these projects often spans between £50m-£350m although it\'s not uncommon for multi-billion pound projects to be designed by your new company.
Your new role
Your new role will see you joining the structures team as a Senior Structural Revit/BIM Technician, based in the heart of Chester city centre. Working alongside the existing Structures North team contributing to heritage, off-site construction, industrial, education, healthcare as well as overseas defence and government projects.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Provide solutions and advice, analyse data or information, and diagnose and solve technical issues within an area of expertise demonstrating initiative and judgement.
- Produce accurate 3D models, drawings and schedules, coordinating drawing production in line with project requirements and in conjunction with other disciplines.
- Prepare drafting and associated calculations.
- Check drawings and models prepared by more junior staff.
- Manage out-sourced BIM/Revit detailing packages.
- Review project files for compliance with standards/procedures.
- Be a recognised expert in the technical standards of a specific area of responsibility, highlighting and prioritising issues as appropriate.
- Implement best practice procedures.
- Supervise staff, delegate and allocate work, monitor progress and performance of more junior staff as appropriate.
What you\'ll need to succeed
In order to succeed you will need to possess a BTEC Higher National Certificate, Degree, or equivalent in an appropriate subject and be a proficient user of Revit and AutoCAD software packages. Furthermore, in-depth technical knowledge and skills related to the design of a variety of building structures.
Ideally you will be a member of, or working towards, accredited membership of a professional institution.
What you\'ll get in return
In return you will receive a highly competitive salary in line with your level of previous experience, in the range of £45,000 - £55,000. 27 days of annual leave with an option-to-buy scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and a company laptop/mobile phone. Your new company will also match your pension contribution up to 6%.
Furthermore your company offer a list of fantastic optional benefits including gym membership, health assesments, cycle to work scheme, dental cover and critical illness cover.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.