Your new company
Our client, a large multidisciplinary consultancy in Glasgow, are looking to expand within their Drainage Solutions team. Our client is one of the largest in the UK - working with clients including water organisations, local authorities,major airports and a range of international customers. Our client currently has an exciting new opportunity in their Drainage Solutions Practice for a Project Manager / Assistant Project Manager.
Your new role
As Project Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of a number of drainage infrastructure projects from bid stage through to concept, outline or detail design stage. Ideally you will have some experience within the Water Industry in delivering drainage related projects for water companies (Storm Water and Waste water Flooding,Combined Sewer Overflows, Storm Water Management, Blue Green Infrastructure)from either a Project Management perspective or a Technical / Project Management blend.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in delivering drainage related projects for water companies (Storm Water and Waste water Flooding,Combined Sewer Overflows, Storm Water Management, Blue Green Infrastructure)from either a Project Management perspective or a Technical / Project Management blend.
- Ability to deliver projects to agreed targets e.g. programme, budget and quality.
- Ability to identify and agree project objectives with the Project Director(PD) and develop a strategy for achieving these.
- Ability to identify, escalate and manage any matters that could pose potential contractual/commercial risk at the earliest opportunity.
- Ability to set objectives, and define tasks for the project team, delegating authority and agreeing with the PD how risks will be shared as necessary.
- Ability to actively manage the projects; both technically and financially,in accordance with corporate and business policies, directives, and procedures.Monitoring and reporting performance against programme, technical quality,financial and KPI targets; taking, or advising the PD on the requirements for,any necessary mitigation actions to prevent targets being missed, while managing an effective change control process.
- Ability to lead the project team; building, motivating, maintaining,coaching, guiding and developing team members to achieve their full potential.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work for one of the largest and most respected consultancies in the UK market, with clear opportunities to fast track your career - as well as benefiting from a very competitive salary and benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.