Your new company
Joining Oxford City Council's Corporate Property Team is your opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a city steeped in history and innovation. You'll be at the forefront of managing and developing the city's diverse property portfolio, from historical landmarks to modern infrastructure.
HAYS are delighted to be working in partnership with the council to present an exciting new opportunity for a Capital Programme Surveyor. Joining the council on an initial fixed-term basis for an initial two-year period, with part-time options also available.
Your new role
You will be a key member of the team responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of complex, high profile, multi-million-pound capital development and regeneration projects, working throughout with internal teams, external contractors, and consultants. You will play a key role within project teams, providing advice and input relating to property management issues on redevelopment and regeneration projects, including leasing, development, and possession strategy.
You will also:
- Provide advice at all stages of the project cycle from concept development, through feasibility and detailed design / technical specification, through to delivery and evaluation.
- Make recommendations on the advice required to support each stage of the project.
- Clearly communicate risks, benefits and alternatives considered when providing advice to the project board.
- Support the project manager through the relevant governance process where required.
- Strive to understand the Oxford property market, including building relationships with landowners and commercial agents.
- Support the team and lead on individual projects at all stages of the project cycle, ensuring that risks and budget are in place and updated and reported as required.
What you'll need to succeed
If you have a passion for property, an eye for detail and a drive and motivation to improve the environment, then this could be a fantastic next step for you. You'll need to have a degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or will be a member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors. At interview, you will need to demonstrate proven ability on leasing and management of assets, as well as the delivery of major capital projects.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a salary of up to £55,076 per annum. It's not all about the money! Oxford City Council are proud to boast a market leading benefits package and flexible working culture to meet with your personal circumstance and to allow you to live a healthy and balanced life; please get in touch today to request a full list of benefits and total package reward statement.
What you need to do now
Please contact us today or click 'apply now' if you are interested in applying for this position. Alternately, if an initial informal and confidential conversation is of interest in the first instance, please contact Tom Yeo; 01823 277087.
We will likely be shortlisting for this position on Friday 1st December. However, please apply as soon as possible if interested, as the council may look to accelerate this process based on initial response.