Your new company
Our client specialise in the civil and structural design of Electricity Substation asset build and refurbishment and are involved in projects ranging from new build to modifications of existing sites from concept to completion.
They also produce design and detailing works for various other sectors and clients involving a variety of schemes from steel framed structures, foundations, infrastructure and works within the water treatment industry.
Their wide range of clients ensure a consistent workload on a variety of interesting and sometimes complex projects.
They are currently seeking a skilled Senior CAD/Revit Technician to join their team in Derby. A great opportunity to display, develop and expand your skills within the company.
Your new role
- Using the latest 2D & 3D software available to produce accurate, high quality drawings for structural and civil build assets
- Producing reinforcement bending schedules for reinforced concrete when required
- Managing workload on numerous projects to ensure deadlines are met and client requirements are fulfilled
- Understanding client requirements, recognising and dealing with construction interfaces
- Working with current National Design Standards and Client Specifications
- Working to tight deadlines, delivering project deliverables on time and on budget
- Taking a lead role in larger schemes to plan work and delegate to other Technicians within the Design Team
- Mentoring Junior Technicians
- Liaising with Clients and external Client design teams on a daily basis
- Contribute and take an active role in the improvement of Company and Drawing Office procedures
- Adhere to relevant current legislation and industry design standards including CDM
What you'll need to succeed
- Has advanced knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit software detailing steel, concrete & reinforced concrete
- Can successfully complete tasks to meet project programmes
- Has solid attention to detail
- Can problem solve and make decisions
- Has exceptional knowledge of civil and structural build details and construction interfaces
- Has working knowledge of CDM 2015 regulations
- Has good communication skills
- Has experience working on Electrical Substation projects (preferred, but not essential)
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Comprehensive health care package
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Training & development plan
- On site car parking
- Complimentary refreshments
- Staff break out room
- Company days out
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.