We have a fantastic opportunity for a Facilities Supervisor / Manager to join the team working at HMP near Market Harborough.
Working for a large maintenance contractor, supporting Her Majesty's Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS) by providing them with safe, clean and efficient prisons
As a Facilities Leader, you would play an important part in ensuring the planned and reactive maintenance work within the prisons is carried out in a safe, compliant and timely manner.
You will be responsible for:
• Assist in and supervise the delivery of a range of facilities services to the prison in line with contractual commitments. Compliance focused.
• Help to maintain standards as set out in the Service Level Agreement.
• Communicate problems and concerns promptly through line management, ensuring quick resolution.
• Ensure the health, safety and security of staff, contractors, premises, and equipment by encouraging and monitoring best practices at all times.
• Check and sign time sheets in accordance with procedures.
• Ensure all requirements are met through liaising with HMPS management to receive and manage expectations.
• This role will also support both local and business zero carbon programmes, working towards zero carbon in a strategic and lean manner as and where it is appropriate.
• Responsible for ensuring H&S standards are achieved across the contract.
What makes this role unique is you will ensure all compliance and safety in the establishment is met, building a strong relationship with the client.
We want to hear from you if you have/are:
• Previous experience of working within the Facilities/Estate management arena.
• Facilities Management qualifications are advantageous.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and compliance.
• IT Literate.
• Team management, working on own initiative, understand deadlines and priority.
• Management of engineers and trades, dealing with customer and client.
Ideally, you will be qualified in IOSH with experience in Facilities Management.
In addition to this, it would be desirable if you have a calm attitude under pressure and experience in using Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) systems to help you hit the ground running, although this is not essential as we will provide you with the required development you need to bring you up to speed.
What you'll get in return
This role is subject to DBS and security Vetting and is weekly pay.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.