Job ref: Technical Building Surveyor - Housing
Working for a reputable local council within Housing Services, you will be responsible primarily for managing housing disrepairs, technical building surveys, dilapidation surveys.
- Temporary PAYE contract – initial period of up to 3 months but likely to be extended.
- 37 hours per week, Mon-Fri, 8:30am – 4:50pm.
- Hybrid working – minimum 3 days on site per week.
- Annual salary would be £36,298 to £39493 per annum/ day rate will be equivalent to that on an interim basis (negotiable hourly rate!).
- Undertake, manage and deliver onsite disrepair inspections and produce detailed reports, specifications and recommendations to effectively evidence and support the surveying process.
- Investigate technical building problems and defects, undertake defect diagnosis / building pathology survey inspections and written reports, including budget cost and recommendations.
- Offer advice regarding building surveying that include but are not limited to legal disrepair, condition surveys, proposed property alterations, improvements, extensions, environmental issues across the business as required.
- We need a Building Surveyor with experience of inspecting housing disrepair who can hit the ground running.
- Proactive, innovative and adaptable, with strong knowledge of disrepair work, understanding of the CDM, Planning and Building Regulations, building construction techniques, defect diagnosis
- Ideally, the candidate will have a degree or HND/HNC level in Building Surveying or equivalent
- Able to present technical information in a clear and concise manner to a diverse range of individuals and external stakeholders with excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing.
What you need to do now
- If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person.
- Email an up-to-date CV for consideration / to request a full JD.
- If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.