Head of Estates Capital Programme
Mount Browne has been the headquarters of Surrey Police for over 70 years, and we are proud to be part of the community here in Guildford.
We know that parts of our estate are ageing; are not best designed to meet the needs of policing our communities in the 21st Century; and could be far more sustainable and efficient, both financially and environmentally. The Force previously purchased land in Leatherhead, in 2018, to develop a new, purpose-built headquarters from the ground up. However, following a review of the programme in November 2021, the Police and Crime Commissioner and the Surrey Police Chief Officer team took the decision to retain Mount Browne, and redevelop the existing site.
Since that decision, work has been taking place in the background as we reimagine the site, to ensure that Mount Browne and our wider estate is fit for the future over the long-term. The newly created post of Head of Estates Capital Programme will be responsible for the delivery of the Surrey Estates Strategy capital works programme including delivery of the Mount Browne Redevelopment Project
Key deliverables include:
- Provide advice on development appraisals and opportunities with regards to surplus sites and buildings to ensure best value and effective use of the police assets.
- To implement the Estates Strategy for the Force
- Manage the Estates Development Master plan in line with the Estates Strategy ensuring interdependencies are captured and a clear critical path articulated
- In conjunction with our external consultant multi-disciplinary design teams prepare planning submissions and appeals documentation.
- Advise the Force with regards to disposals, investment opportunities and routes to market or external funding in order to maximise capital receipts and values.
- Provide professional and technical project management for development and strategy delivery projects from inception to completion including design, specification, procurement and construction phases.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leading a varied portfolio of projects and programmes across a comparably diverse and technically complex estate portfolio. You will have proven strategic programme management skills, with the ability to plan and allocate resources and put in place processes and structures that enable high-quality project and programme delivery.
For a confidential discussion please contact our advisor Nick Coppard of The Management Recruitment Group on email@example.com.
The Management Recruitment Group has been exclusively retained for this campaign. All direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to them.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 10th December 2023.