A large local authority is looking to recruit a facilities' technician to facilitate soft and hard inspections, including statutory compliance inspections of NNC's corporate buildings with Health and Safety regulations. Conducting regular inspections, monitoring, reporting and preventative maintenance.
1. Supervising contractors for the maintenance of the planned preventative and reactive maintenance schedules
2. Liaise with colleagues/customers/tenants to correctly identify and understand reported issues, advising on how reactive or planned maintenance tasks may impact on service delivery, to minimise disruption to staff and maintain a constant service when carrying out duties wherever possible.
3. To assist in providing inspection records and monitoring, work is undertaken by contractors on time, reporting any issues to the Facilities Manager.
4. To assist in the supervision of premises security, premises technicians and cleaning staff. Provide support in securing buildings during office hours if required, along with allocation of work tasks.
5. Assess and prioritise tasks to ensure all assigned properties are operational and safe for occupiers' use (e.g. arranging boarding up broken windows).
6. Support IT with the equipment for meeting rooms and the IT server rooms, identifying improvements to report into the team
7. To assist in the operation of computer-based management programmes (Building Management Systems) to monitor the facility and make appropriate adjustments.
8. Support the Facilities Manager and wider team with facilitating project work.
9. Assist the Facilities Manager with the preparation of invitations to quote, including scheduling minor works, obtaining costs, instructing third parties in respect thereof.
10. Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons, and to comply with the policies and procedures relating to health and safety within the department.
Support the moves/projects team in relation to lifting and furniture handling and working from office plans and network cabling to minimise disruption to staff and maintain a constant service when carrying out an office move
You will be :
Able to demonstrate a basic working knowledge of construction and building services, hard and soft FM services
Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients, verbally and in writing
Able to work in an organised, self-motivated manner
Relevant work experience
Ability to prioritise and manage the progress of your own work and balance competing demands
Good interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and sustain relationships
Responsible attitude towards work and the ability to use initiative
Experienced and adept at using computer-based programmes and processes
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.