Job Opportunity: Income Officer
Position: Income Officer (Agency Contract) Location: Manchester, United Kingdom Hours: 35 hours per week Duration: 3 to 6 months Hourly Rate: £18 - £22 per hour
About Us: We are a dynamic agency committed to maintaining safe and thriving communities. As an Income Officer, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the financial stability of our housing services. Join our team and contribute to creating a positive impact for our tenants.
Responsibilities: In this multifaceted role, you will:
- Arrears Prevention:
- Provide excellent customer-focused service to all tenants, emphasising their responsibility to pay rent and advising on preventive measures to avoid arrears.
- Stay informed about welfare benefit entitlements, particularly housing-related benefits, and changes due to Welfare Reform.
- Offer advice on welfare benefits, encourage debt counselling, and refer tenants to specialist advice.
- Complete claim forms and verify claims on behalf of the Local Authority.
- Attend liaison meetings with local authorities and external agencies.
- Arrange regular rent statements and advise tenants accordingly.
- Income Collection:
- Collect rental income and other housing-related debts.
- Visit tenants regularly to provide advice and assistance regarding rent arrears.
- Liaise with Benefits sections in local authorities, monitoring progress of housing benefit claims.
- Implement rent arrears control procedures, notifying tenants promptly of any arrears.
- Hybrid Working:
- Work 2 to 3 days per week either in the office or on patch, maintaining effective communication with colleagues and tenants.
Requirements: To excel in this role, you should possess:
- Experience: Previous experience in income recovery, debt counselling, or related fields.
- Problem-Solving: Ability to investigate cases, make informed decisions, and lead appropriate actions.
- Legal Knowledge: Familiarity with current legislation and evidence requirements for court cases.
- Collaboration: Work effectively with agencies, partners, and tenants.
- Adaptability: Flexibility to work in a hybrid environment.
- Competitive hourly rate (£18 - £22 per hour)
- Opportunity to contribute to community well-being
- Dynamic and supportive work environment
Application Process: If you are passionate about financial stability and thrive in a challenging role, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience
Note: This is an agency contract position for 3 to 6 months.
Join us in making a positive impact and ensuring the financial health of our housing services!