Your new company
I've partnered with a well-known software house looking for a Project Consultant to join their office based in Maidenhead on a permanent basis to help continue the partnership between the consultants and the customers. Due to the organisation expanding its customers, the company is looking for a Technical Consultant with previous experience in successful delivery and deployment of projects within a programme.
The businesses' purpose is to assist retail and petroleum wholesale businesses across the globe to increase profitability and efficiency. This comes in the form of securely connecting their data and operations. An estimated 1,500 customers rely on this business in more than 200,000 locations worldwide, and they also count on their leading knowledge in ERP, logistics, fuel pricing, and market cloud solutions.
This role offers the possibility of remote work; however, the Consulting Director would like the candidate to commute to the office site three times a week if feasible.
As the Technical Consultant, you will use discipline project management methodology and tools with a high level of discretion to implement and configure larger and more complex enterprise products to solve customer business needs. You will provide excellent high-touch customer service, building strong relationships and ensuring that each customer is a reference whilst maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
You will report to the Consulting Director and liaise with customer and third-party IT teams regarding connectivity (e.g., file or API-based transfer of data). The post holder will prepare and provide project status and risk assessments to their manager with appropriate levels of detail to ensure that implementation stays on schedule. Also, you will configure, test and refine multiple interacting system modules, and you will understand the overall technical aspects of the organisation's software, including application architecture and infrastructure.
What you'll need to succeed
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience as either a Business Analyst, or an Implementation specialist.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and advanced Excel skills, Knowledge of SQL
- Highly motivated self-starter with a desire to solve problems and help others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to share ideas and influence decisions.
- Collaborative in nature with a strong desire to dig in and learn independently and as well as through asking questions.
What you'll get in return
The company culture provides a supportive and dynamic work environment for high achievers. You will receive a great benefits package and plenty of opportunities for career growth.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Jordan Bright now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.