Your new company
Our client provides sustainable highways services for Nottinghamshire and across the wider East Midlands region. They provide services in partnership with Nottinghamshire County Council, maintaining, designing and constructing throughout a range of disciplines. This includes the maintenance of roads, footways, signs, lines, lighting and signals, salting and snow clearance, the delivery of highway improvement services and the management of activities needed to support the county's highway network.
Your new role
To deliver civil engineering projects and provide specialist engineering services which enhance and maintain the road network and meet company business plan objectives.
Duties will include:
- Design and manage the delivery of highway and civil engineering projects, which may be complex and significant to achieve quality, programme and financial targets meeting customer and stakeholder requirements.
- Provide specialist design, technical and cost advice to colleagues, clients or external bodies to support delivery of complex and large-scale projects across the organisation
- Manage the evaluation and authorisation of externally designed engineering schemes on behalf of internal and external clients to ensure highway network asset meets regional and national design specification and safety standards.
- Collaborate with the Construction and Commercial Division to manage workflow there by achieving company business plan objectives for productivity and profit across design and build functions.
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety management systems, processes and requirements ensuring full compliance to health, safety and environmental legislation, policy and best practice and safeguarding staff contractors and members of the public.
- Manage consultation, communication and liaison with clients and a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including members of the public and elected Members to facilitate project delivery and maintain a positive company reputation.
- Act as an ambassador for individual schemes and the Company across professional, business and community events and networks at local and regional level.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject and post qualification relevant experience
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD (Civils3D and Microdrainage is beneficial)
- Working knowledge of current highway design and civil engineering standards, contracts, and procedures
- Experience of managing project budgets and financial reporting of project programme
- Experience of all stages of project implementation from feasibility to construction on site
What you'll get in return
- Salary up to £38,000+ (depending on experience)
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible Working
- 25 Days Annual Leave (rising to 28 days after 5 years of service) + Bank Holidays - Option to buy and sell Annual Leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free Car Parking On Site
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.