Your new company
A leading Bournemouth based professional service company is currently recruiting a DevOps Engineer to join their growing Cloud team. This role will have a large focus on architectural design, guidance and implementing solutions across their infrastructure estate.
Your new role
- Develop and deliver cross-training to selected associates.
- Maintain contemporary knowledge of industry trends, concepts, and techniques.
- Participate in the planning and execution of disaster recovery process.
- Mentor more junior members of the team in the realm of technical development
- Be the lead engineer on major cloud initiatives with minimal supervision
- Collaborate with application architects and DevOps to modernise the on-premises platform to evolve to or leverage different cloud application solutions, either Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) or Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- Develop, implement, and test data backup and recovery and disaster recovery procedures
- Educate/mentor product teams and more junior engineers.
- Team subject-matter expert.
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
- 2+ years Cloud Engineer experience required. For internal candidates, experience can be a combination of internal and external experience.
- Knowledge of implementing Network and Security Constructs via automation in a cloud environment.
- Experience integrating software systems, desired.
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible or Jenkins, and other automation tools.
- Experience in analysing, understanding, designing, and implementing new products, services, and utilities in a web environment.
What you'll get in return
- 7% company pension contribution.
- 25 days holiday, increasing 1 day a year after 2 years of continuous employment, up to a maximum of 30 days
- Annual salary reviews regardless of promotion.
- Opportunities for promotion and ongoing development.
- Health Shield - health cash plan.
- Vitality Health - private medical insurance.
- Employee Assistance programme.
- Canada Life - Death in Service.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.