Your new company
One of the UK's leading contractors with over a 100 years of experience. Operating across the UK in a number of sectors including: Construction, Residential, Fit Out, Maintenance and Engineering
Your new role
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their Construction team operating across East Anglia. As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be taking accountability for the development and implementation of all pre and post contract strategies, commercial functions and contract reporting, this role will bring a specialism into the business that will be key in delivering complex projects across the region.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Develop and encourage project team performance; ensuring that contractual obligations and strategies are executed and regularly reviewed
- Complete and submit Business Unit reports, monthly MCR, procurement reports and progress reports
- Demonstrate an understanding of internal and external tender strategies / build up
- Agree external valuations / cash flow to maximise project value
- Work with the Surveying Manager to agree and produce main and subcontract final accounts
- Ensure all subcontract management / process obligations are complete with particular reference to procurement, measurement and valuation, contractual instructions, notices and orders as well as Health and Safety
What you'll need to succeed
Qualified Senior Quantity Surveyor with relevant commercial skills and experience including the ability to maximise value recovery, cost control and cash management, as well as have the ability to effectively use / understand financial reports and final accounts. To be successful in the role you will be a confident communicator, able to demonstrate the ability to form and develop relationships with the client, PQS, design team and supply chain. You will also be committed to leading and developing commercial site teams.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.