Your new company
One of the UK's leading 5 star house builders who pride themselves on high quality homes with offices and projects throughout the UK and offering the chance for a great career
Your new role
Reporting to the Senior Estimator, they require an Estimator who will be responsible for the preparation of cost plans for both the land purchase exercise and reappraisal of development opportunities. Ensure that all estimating work required to deliver the business unit output is completed timely and accurately in the most efficient and effective manner in support of the business plan.
As part of the role you will be expected to:
- Prepare estimates of all construction costs, including all site abnormals, professional fees, site management costs and preliminaries. Input of all development costs into appraisal /viabilities. Support 'value engineering' exercises at appraisal/pre-start stage.
- Provide information for land purchase exercise
- Identify specific scheme abnormals, prepare estimates of all prime costs, co-ordinate input of all development costs into appraisals/viabilities, input into “value engineering” exercise at appraisal/pre-start stage, input and maintain master appraisal costs
- Liaise with all Departments as necessary to achieve a viable final cost position
- Prepare Group viabilities for all acquisitions
- Complete all estimating work
- Calculate all prime costs on developments within the business, reporting any movements in costs since the preparation of the land purchases exercise. Prime costs to include but not restricted to house pricing, labour costs, site work operations and remediation work, up to commencement on site.
- Provide a detailed ‘pre-start' appraisal following grant of planning consent and track movements through to site commencement
- Assist Senior Estimator in maintaining ‘library cost' and update on a regular basis
- Be aware of all codes of practice that impact on estimating e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements HSE, Code for Sustainable Homes etc.
- Attend pre start, specification and any other relevant meeting as required
- Input and maintain any computer based estimating databases or systems
- Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs, which relate to shared cost items with either other businesses within the Group or external companies
- Be aware of new materials and methods of construction which would assist the business in maintaining or increasing its targets, and report on same
- Complete any other duties as required by the Senior Estimator/Commercial Manager
- Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with Group IT systems
What you'll get in return
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance - Single Cover
- 26 days holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years continuous service up to 29 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.