IT Systems Administrator
We are looking for an experienced and motivated IT Systems Administrator to join our team. You will be responsible for maintaining, upgrading, and troubleshooting our IT infrastructure, including servers, firewalls, switches, security, and applications. You will also be involved in developing and testing software solutions for microcontroller-based devices using C, SQL, and VBA.
- Install, configure & manage SonicWALL Firewall, Windows Server, Hyper-V, SQL Server, Exchange Server and Endpoint Security on premises.
- Monitor network performance and security and troubleshoot any issues or incidents.
- Perform regular backups and restores of data and applications.
- Provide technical support and guidance to end-users and other IT staff.
- Develop, test, and deploy software solutions for microcontroller-based devices using C, SQL, and VBA.
- Document IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience as an IT Systems Administrator or similar role.
- Proficient in SonicWALL Firewall, Windows Server, Hyper-V, SQL Server, Exchange Server and Endpoint Security
- Familiar with Linux operating system and commands.
- Experience in developing and testing software solutions using C, SQL, and VBA.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and teamwork skills.
- The ability to work independently and under pressure.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to join a well-established company on an exciting journey to develop their software and infrastructure space. This role will give you the opportunity to enhance current IT practices, working on multiple software/infrastructure related projects that will yield rewarding and beneficial outcomes for the business. You will work within a tightly-knitted team who are heavily invested in this journey to develop their overall IT landscape. In addition, you will be given the opportunity to develop this role into one which fits the companies' long-term objectives best, shaping their future and approach to current and future projects that enable both personal and business development.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.