Job Title: Building Surveyor
Location: North West Portfolio
Salary: Up to £37,500 basic salary (depending on experience) + excellent annual leave entitlement + flexible working + pension + benefits
A major public sector organisation responsible for the upkeep of major ministry of defence buildings across the North West is expanding their estates function with the additional hire of a Building Surveyor. Working as part of an established estates team the successful hire will be responsible for providing technical support across all building, mechanical and electrical matters across a varied military building portfolio. The Building Surveyor will be responsible for carrying out all necessary survey work and managing minor projects across truly unique sites across the North West area. You wil be directly responsible for:
- Managing and supervising all building maintenance work across assigned building portfolio consisting of military bases, leisure buildings open to the general public, residential sites, training camps and other secure MOD sites.
- Preparing drawings using AutoCAD, specifications, schedules of work and estimates of costing, civil engineering, mechanical and electrical maintenance work
- Liaising with stakeholders including military professionals and local authorities over planning applications acting as a key point of contact within the organisation
This is an excellent and varied clientside opportunity that is open to considering Building Surveyors of all levels. Study support provided through professional chartership. Salary is up to £37,500 depending on experience.
What you'll get in return
- 25 days annual leave +a 2 week shutdown period over Christmas +birthday off
- Civil service bonus
- Access to exclusive public sector social memberships; free gym, exclusive public sector house access
- Flexible homebased working options
- APC support through RICS or CIOB
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.