Job Title: Assistant Building Surveyor
Location: Liverpool Office
Salary: £35,000 -£40,000 basic salary + market leading bonus structure + excellent benefits package
Your new company
National, an award-winning construction and property consultancy with over 50 offices throughout the UK including Liverpool and Manchester, are expanding their well established building surveying division. Recently, they have launched building surveying into their Liverpool office, offering a great platform for career development as they continue to grow the team. The multidisciplined office currently operates the following service lines; Civil & Structural Engineering, Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying, Project Management, Construction Health & Safety and Expert Witness services. Operating across a range of industries; retail, commercial, industrial, conservation and leisure workload will be diverse and interesting!
As an employee-owned trust, people are at the heart of the business, offering interesting and rewarding careers in building surveying and project management, in a professional, friendly and dynamic workplace.
Your new role
The building surveying team undertakes high value instructions (the smallest value project being £500k). Main duties include:
- Pre-acquisition surveys
- Developing a client brief and preparation of the development of a strategy
- Preparation of risk registers, Gantt charts and setting out timelines
- Managing the process through various RIBA Stages and ensuring CDM regulation compliance
- Procurement of suitable contractors for the proposed work
- Contract Administration
- Advising on repair and maintenance of all building types, including listed buildings
The role will suit a Building Surveyor who enjoys project management. There will be some aspects of professional service work, including party wall work, measured surveys, dilapidations. (The business also offer expert wittiness services).
What you'll need to succeed
Owing to the high value multi-million £ projects that the Assistant Building Surveyor will be undertaking, this role will suit a Surveyor that has gained exposure to a commercial building surveying environment within project management studying towards their APC.
What you'll get in return
- £35,000-£40,000 basic salary
- Multiple opportunities to earn bonuses; team bonus, company profit share bonus, individual contribution bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Progression and development opportunities
- RICS APC support and Membership subscription fees paid for
- Annual CPD
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.