Your new company:
A social landlord, providing sustainable and lettable properties to tenants in Liverpool and Warrington.
The Asset Management Team is focused on making sure we can continue to operate and achieve our goals, by controlling risks and maintaining our compliance with regulations.
As Building Surveyor, you will deliver a highly professional service focusing on actively managing disrepair, fire damaged properties, insurance claims and building surveys including structural works, damp and condensation across the property portfolio.
Within this role you will be responsible for:
- Delivering a disrepair surveying service across the domestic and commercial portfolio and contributing to the collection and storage of component data by completing all types of building surveys, ensuring data meets the required standard.
- Using specialist professional expertise and knowledge to provide a building pathology assessment of defects to specify and rectify faults, and where appropriate, reduce our liability to legal claims by implementing an approach based on comprehensive assessment and risk management.
- Providing specialist advice to contractors and monitor their performance in the production of effective surveying reports as specified in the relevant disrepair legislation.
- Managing and monitoring the delivery of repairs and maintenance works to ensure compliance to our requirements in the delivery of an excellent disrepair service
- Delivering professional surveys, preparing schedules, specifications and tender reports with effective financial appraisals, providing recommendations on any contract specification documents to reflect enhancements to the service
- Work collaboratively and in partnership with other members of the team to deliver a seamless service to customers, the client and deliver VFM.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Possess an excellent knowledge of construction and disrepair legislation and case law
- Hold a level 4 qualification in Chartered Surveying or equivalent.
- Be a member of the CIOB and/ or RICS or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge gained through extensive and relevant experience within the construction industry
- Possess excellent communication and listening skills as well as effective negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Have the experience and ability to act as expert witness on property disrepair issues.
- Possess the technical expertise and knowledge to undertake works contracts and site supervision/ management as appropriate and undertake visits to tenant's homes.
Our members are people that share qualities we value highly. They are problem-solvers, able to work well within our team. They are open, honest and committed to doing the right thing at all times, and they always look for ways to do things better, focused on making sure we achieve our aims. If you can share our way of working, you'll enjoy working with us.
In return, we offer a modern workplace that is challenging, supportive and gives you room to grow your skills – along with a package of benefits that shows how much we value your contribution and care about your wellbeing.