Your new company
Your new company is a globally recognised multidisciplinary engineering consultancy specialising in design and management from inception to options appraisal through to detailed scheme and delivery support. Your new company's Transportation division that you will be joining are engaged in numerous high profile projects for clients in both the Public and Private sector.
Their Highway and Active Travel Team are looking to bolster their division with a Senior or Principal Engineer to play a key part in the growth and development of a rapidly growing team.
Your new role
Your new role as a Senior or Principal Highway Engineer will primarily focus on the technical delivery of Active Travel projects of varying levels of complexity across the Northwest. Working in a multidisciplinary team of engineers, technicians and project managers, you will be part of the design team responsible for delivering active travel designs which includes producing technical reports, drawings and specifications to relevant standards.
- You will lead and project manage active travel schemes from feasibility through to detailed design stage
- Supervise production of 3D models and scheme drawings
- Co-ordinating the active travel design process and integrating with other design disciplines
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience to lead active travel schemes in various scales for local authority clients.
- Ability to lead project team to develop robust, practical, safe and innovative active travel solutions.
- Understanding of the application of technical guidance and standards, such as Cycling by Design, Designing Street, National Roads Development Guide and Inclusive Mobility.
- Ability to work within multidisciplinary projects with other disciplines including Highways Engineers, Active Travel designers, Traffic Engineers, Landscape Architects, Drainage and Structural Engineers.
- AutoCAD design experience (Civil 3D is desirable)
What you'll get in return
- In return, you will receive a competitive salary in line with your job title and level of experience ranging from £40,000 - £60,000 (Senior - Principal).
- Your new company with double your pension contribution up to 5%.
- Car allowance c. 10% of salary can also be expected.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays increasing with length of service
- An exciting progression pathway and continue professional development.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.