Your new company
Our client is a transport planning and highway engineering consultancy that is focused on working within the property development industry; such as private developers, retailers, house builders, estate managers and land owners.
As a company they work with some of the UK's most successful development companies; they are a practice of exceptional individuals that unite behind their brand to deliver clear and commercially viable transport planning and highway engineering advice that is focused on their clients' needs.
They are currently seeking a Design Technician with at least 2 years design experience, preferably in Highway Design or within a transport planning practice.
Your new role
As a member of the technical team your main responsibilities would be the production of preliminary highway and junction design layouts using AutoCAD and the production of other design drawings such as car parks, bus stations, footways and cycle routes. The role also requires a good working knowledge to AutoTrack software.
In addition to these main responsibilities the production of report figures using various software packages including CORELDRAW and/or GIS would be advantageous. Some of the main responsibilities for this role are:
- Preparation of technical drawings utilising AutoCAD.
- Preliminary design of access and basic junction design (priority, roundabouts, signalisation).
- Knowledge of relevant standards (DMRB / MfS / Local Transport Notes / Traffic Signs Manual).
- Swept Path Analysis using AutoTrack.
- Preparation of high quality graphics using GIS packages and/ or Corel Draw;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy.
What you'll need to succeed
- Formal education in either Civil Engineering, Geography or Transport Planning (HNC/HND/Degree);
- Preferable experience in the field of development focused transport planning;
- Excellent communication skills with a high standard of work ethic; and
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to work proactively and use initiative.
What you'll get in return
£22,000 - £36,000 Annual Salary (depending on experience)
25 days annual leave + Bank Holiday
Apple MacBook for work
Flexible working arrangements
Private medical insurance
Health cash plan
Two tiered pension
Life insurance cover
Death in service cover
Discretionary Cycle Hire scheme
Discretionary Travel Loans
End of year Bonus scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.