Your new company
Our client is a leading infrastructure services and engineering company at the heart of modern Britain designing, maintaining and transforming utility infrastructure. They deliver projects holistically, adopting a concept to commissioning methodology, and in doing so have the capability to undertake projects of great technical complexity by leveraging a broad range of services, capabilities and experience to deliver them with a clear focus on client's operational needs and stakeholder requirements.
Your new role
A dedicated Project Manager with commercial acumen is required to manage our day-to-day design activities on selected projects and proactively manage the outsourcing of some of our design activities to external sub-consultants.
Project Management requirements:
- Create and manage design team programmes and ensure that design managers have sufficient resources to meet deadlines.
- Monitor and forecast the financial performance of the projects, providing regular reports comparing actual and forecast performance and explaining variations.
- Maintain detailed records and systems for monitoring project performance.
- Conduct weekly reviews with internal and external design managers and the project teams as appropriate.
- Arrange monthly meetings with the Project Director to review project performance.
- Rectify any adverse circumstances that threaten project delivery.
- Maximise operating efficiency so that projects are delivered to agreed standards and targets and implement quality improvements when opportunities arise.
- Maintain regular liaison with all stakeholders and staff.
- Issue monthly progress reports.
- Identify budgetary and programme issues that need to be addressed with the client to ensure their satisfaction and ensure that agreed key performance indicators, as required by the client, are met.
- Manage, develop, coach and motivate employees in the design team.
- Ensure compliance with HSEQ requirements.
- Assist with the recruitment of staff.
- Represent the company in a professional and diligent manner; meeting, negotiating, and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with others within the Avove teams and contribute to working initiatives where required, where value can be added.
- Experience in the Utilities sector.
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
What you'll need to succeed
- Good written and oral communication and organisational skills with an ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders.
- Self-motivated with the drive to achieve continuous improvement targets and participate in career development initiatives.
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a ‘can-do' attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful, and flexible
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and able to build good working relationships
- Minimum of 5 years of project management and commercial experience
- Experience in NEC3/4 PSC contracts with target cost, fixed price, and/or cost reimbursable mechanisms.
- Experience in the preparation of interim and final accounts.
- Achieved, or working towards, CEng MICE, CEng MIET, CEng IMechE or similar.
- Working knowledge of the CDM 2015 Regulations.
- Delivery of work outputs to time, cost and quality.
- Strong IT capabilities including working experience of Microsoft Office & TEAMS.
- Utility industry experience is desirable but not essential.
- Clean driving license.
What you'll get in return
£400-£450/day Inside IR35 (depending on experience)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.