Your new company
Leading design and build solution provider specialising in the water sector. Operating throughout the UK, primarily supporting long term water sector frameworks operating both independently and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
Your new role
Electrical Site Supervisor required to join the delivery teams on a Work Treatment Framework
You'll oversee the electrical work of Site Electricians whist carrying out Authorised Person responsibilities to ensure they remain as safe as possible.
Furthermore, you'll ensure the site electrical work is carried out to the highest quality and contributing to the completion of works on time and within budget.
- Operate and promote safe working sites in accordance with rules & procedures and HSE legislation underpinned by the Safety Management System.
- Ensure all works are carried out in line with approved method statements with any amendments communicated to the teams and risk assessments taking place.
- Promote and lead on proactive and transparent forms of communications such as toolbox talks, near miss reporting, prestart shift briefings and daily work production updates.
- Ensure site personnel have job relevant training which is logged on the site personnel training register.
- Oversee the quality of work being produced by team members and enforce a mentality of ‘get it right first time'.
- Schedule, coordinate and supervise the daily activities of gangs/site operatives to ensure budgets, time frames and safety standards are adequately met
- Order and manage hired, internal and external equipment on a daily basis to ensure the correct plant and materials are accessible then taken off site as per site requirements.
- Issue permits when required to control electrical works/isolations on site.
- Ensure safe working practices and electrical safety rules are followed by all to contribute to site safety audits and electrical completion paperwork.
- Ensure installations are compliant to Water Industry Mechanical & Electrical Specification
What you'll need to succeed
You'll hold a CSCS Affiliated Electrical supervisor card and a CITB SMSTS qualification. Operating as a BS7671 18th edition qualified electrician, you'll also hold a EUSR National Water Hygiene Card and preferably Test and Inspection 2394/2395 (2391) qualification.
Demonstrating previous supervisor experience and being comfortable leading by example, you'll have proven problem-solving skills in a Mechanical & Electrical environment. Open to adopting new technology and procedures
Whilst developing yourself professionally, you'll have a good understanding of the Electricity at Work Regulations (1989) and permit systems. Your ability to read electrical drawings, panel drawings and wiring diagrams will aid you as you undertake self-delivered minor electrical works to aid our projects along with supervising the installation of multi million pound schemes.
Extensive travel across the Anglian Water region is required as permit issue is to be in person at point of work.
What you'll get in return
- A competitive salary
- Hybrid Working
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance
And many more benefits including – cycle to work scheme, discounts and savings Hub, kids pass etc
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.