Your new company
Leaders in lifecycle construction and operations for the utilities and infrastructure sectors.
From design and build to facility management and maintenance, they provide a single, sustainable, end-to-end solution for engineering projects, saving money, reducing waste, and adding long-term value to local communities and the wider economy.
They are an award-winning progressive business, who have won the RoSPA health and safety awards for their work at Hinkley Point C for the last five years.
The services we provide through to their clients include but are not limited too.
- Project Management
- Design and Build Services
- Consent Management and Delivery
- Contract Management
- Delivery of Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering services
Your new role
Director of Operations required to lead and control operational service, with responsibility for identifying and developing opportunities alongside the running of day-to-day delivery of contractual requirements. The operational services consist of ‘operate & maintain' which include but are not limited to operating utilities (water, waste, comms and power) along with developing tailored programmes of preventative and reactive maintenance that anticipate and address needs as they occur.
Working with and standing in for the Managing Director, this role will have primary responsibility for developing and implementing the strategy for operational activities in line with the business' growth strategy.
You will communicate, identify & establish partnerships with third parties, build strong commercial relationships and manage key stakeholders to enhance the brand, enabling future growth supported by and directing the Business Development Manager.
This is a key role within the Senior Leadership team, providing support to the Managing Director and working collaboratively with the Director of Projects and Commercial Director.
You will maintain a level of 100% environmental permit compliance, zero serious pollution incidents, within contractual budgetary controls and with adherence to set KPIs whilst developing and providing a safe and welcoming environment for the teams to develop and strive.
Main duties to include:
- Corporate governance responsibilities for the operational business areas and which requires the job holder to actively promote best practice throughout the company
- Managing contractual budgets and processes to resource activities correctly to maintain position as an effective and efficient support function for the clients
- Reporting directly into the Managing Director you will deputise in both responsibility and day-to-day decision-making in their absence
- Responsible for effectively managing the operational functions to ensure best practices are followed, costs are controlled, the department maximises revenue generation and contribution to the company's operating profit and increases the value added to the company
- Direct and control all employees in the directorate to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained and carry out their responsibilities to the required standard
- Contribute to the development of the company's corporate strategy and lead strategy development in the areas of operations & maintenance to ensure that company achieves its short and long-term objectives
- Oversee the development and implementation of all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that the functions achieve their business objectives
- Oversee the development of all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that a safe and healthy working environment is maintained at all company sites
- Maintain an effective working relationship with all other directors to ensure that there is effective co-ordination of all company activities in support of corporate objectives
- Maximising team productivity to make the most of resources and being able to show value to the client
- Oversee the implementation of efficiencies engineering & construction to provide cost savings to the client where applicable.
- Ensuring polite and professional liaison with client stakeholders – promoting a consistent approach, technical advice, and swift resolution of any identified problems
- Implementing business plan objectives and targets as set out in strategy to move the business forward by reviewing our delivery, using new technology where appropriate and keeping staff trained and motivated
- Managing cultural and organisational change to ensure smooth running by communicating with workforce and explaining need for change at all our projects nationally
- Control and manage emergencies and group operational incidents
- Provide technical advice and justification on capital maintenance needs to ensure reliable and safe operation of assets within regulatory conditions
- Control the management of contractors to ensure compliance with H&S and quality standard
What you'll need to succeed
- Senior leadership experience in a similar role from within an operational business
- A degree or equivalent and relevant professional qualifications
- Extensive experience in the management and delivery of multiple operational projects of varying values
- Significant experience in the utilities industries, working on high profile national projects
- Significant managerial experience in running multi-discipline teams
- Excellent inter-personal and negotiating skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Experience in the commercial sector
- Performance management skills
- Strong motivational skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.