Your new company
Leaders in lifecycle construction and operations for the utilities and infrastructure sectors.
From design and build to facility management and maintenance, they provide a single, sustainable, end-to-end solution for engineering projects, saving money, reducing waste, and adding long-term value to local communities and the wider economy.
They are an award-winning progressive business, who have won the RoSPA health and safety awards for their work at Hinkley Point C for the last five years.
The services we provide through to their clients include but are not limited too.
- Project Management
- Design and Build Services
- Consent Management and Delivery
- Contract Management
- Delivery of Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering services
Your new role
Reporting to the Project Manager, they are looking for an honest, confident and motivated Project Engineer. You will be able to challenge conventional thinking and see the bigger picture.
Scope of work will include:
- Development of strategies and business cases
- Management and delivery of a variety of infrastructure schemes
- Work through all project phases under NEC3 Engineering and Construction contract, from mandate to handover.
- Provide Engineering technical expertise, propose design changes and make best for project recommendations.
- Analyse data and develop strategies.
- Analyse project briefs, develop full packages of works in accordance with client specifications.
- Interface between client, Tier 1 contractors, and manage Tier 2 contractors to deliver packages of work.
- Design, manage and oversee Works. Create packages for Operational teams to follow and undertake.
- Attend site meetings when required.
- Produce quality documentation and safe working procedures in line with nuclear site standards – RAMS, Activity Plans, Quality Inspection Records and Inspection Test Plans, Lift Plans, etc.
- Schedule and prioritise projects. Report weekly and monkey on key milestones in accordance with KPIs.
What you'll need to succeed
- To have been educated to a relevant degree level and have a hunger for delivering multi-disciplinary, challenging engineering projects.
- The ability to work well alone and analyse large data sets.
- To have excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- The ability to build good working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- To have good organisational skills and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment with the ability to think on your feet.
What you'll get in return
You will be supported in your professional development, enabling career progression and a wide range of exciting opportunities.
The client firmly believe that investing in their people is the key to their success, offering the following financial and non-financial benefits to support your financial, health and wellbeing:
- 25 days annual leave increasing to 28 over five years.
- Opportunity to buy up to two weeks additional holiday.
- Pension scheme offering up to 20% combined contribution.
- Performance related bonus.
- Optimise Health Plan supporting you with your healthcare costs.
- Life assurance of up to four times your salary.
- A range of family friendly policies including enhanced maternity and paternity leave.
- Cashback and discounts from over 1,200 retailers.
- Career development and growth opportunities.
- Paid community day.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.