Our client is a leading provider of housing and services for the over 55s. Founded in 1963, they manage approximately 19,000 properties in over 600 locations. The role is responsible for leading and managing delivery of property investment, service & inspection and repairs services to parts of the property portfolio, approx. 20-40 locations depending on dispersement.
This role focuses on Planned and responsive Maintenance, working with housing/care operations you will ensure timely delivery of services, ensure all properties are kept in a good condition within property strategy targets. You will ensure compliance with commercial and contract management arrangements, ensuring the contractual obligations are met. Manage project performance and working with the quantity surveying team ensure robust financial forecasting, processing of valuations and contract instructions. To be responsible for identifying cost saving through collaboration with contractor and quantity surveying team.
The role will require strong interaction with housing/care operations teams to ensure works run smoothly and meets the needs of the business.
- This is an important role within Property which ensures maintenance of good quality homes through individual ownership of each location.
- The role has latitude within budgetary restrictions and portfolio strategy requirements to prioritise activity and spend to achieve these targets.
- As well as day-to-day activity, this role will have to respond quickly and effectively to ad hoc requests from the business, which may be complex, urgent, and business critical.
- The role will require effective engagement with colleagues in Housing and Care operations Nature of impact:
- The role will work with others to effectively deliver repairs, investment and service & inspection activities to individual locations.
- Collaboratively with quantity surveying team, contractors and colleagues.
- Delivery of all property activities to a portfolio of properties
- To undertake regular inspections such as Stock Condition surveys, MOT surveys and Asbestos reinspections
- Working within the management arrangements ensure repairs and planned works are necessary and delivered in the most cost-effective manner.
- To analyse performance of properties to recommend future investment, and repair planning for you portfolio.
- To identify potential cost savings from each activity and work collaboratively to realise the savings
- To work closely with and support property delivery teams ensuring contract requirements are met.
- Production of accurate delivery and financial forecasts.
- To participate in a home based Out of Hours duty roster.
What you'll need to succeed
- To have a minimum 3 years experience of managing property activities in housing
- Proven experience working within social housing maintenance and planned investment sector, Contractor Side and/or client side
- Ability to interpret operational data to inform service delivery planning within the property portfolio.
- To hold significant experience of building pathology within a housing environment.
- Working towards MRICS or MCIOB status (Desirable create a job add for building surveyor, make job add for building surveyor To Apply:
If you have the experience and qualifications required for this role and are passionate about making a difference in the over 55s housing sector, we invite you to submit your updated resume highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications. Our recruitment team will review your application and contact you if you are shortlisted for an interview. We look forward to considering you for this exciting opportunity.
What you'll get in return
This is a remote role with flexible working, you will be expected to travel between locations. A competitive salary, car allowance and benefits package if on offer.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.