Your new company
Specialist contractor who provide end-to-end services across civil, mechanical and electrical projects throughout the UK. Offering Design & Build to Maintenance and Facility Management
Your new role
As Contracts Manager you will take control of the next new nuclear new build project, Sizewell C. You will be responsible for overseeing the project from the very start covering all aspects of design, build, operate and maintain. Responsible for ensuring that company systems and procedures are followed to ensure we are compliant on site and for co-ordinating the project and the project team.
Working with the Director of Projects, this role will support the development and implementation of the strategy for Sizewell C activities in line with the business' growth strategy.
You will communicate, identify & develop partnerships with third parties, build strong commercial relationships and manage key stakeholders to enhance the brand, enabling future growth supported by the companies Business Development Manager.
This is a key role providing support to Senior Leadership, providing strategic management at their next nuclear construction projects inclusive of roads and networks, installation of utilities, earthworks, and new commercial buildings. Installing both temporary and permanent assets.
As Contracts Manager you will be expected to maintain a level of 100% environmental permit compliance, zero serious pollution incidents, within contractual budgetary controls and with adherence to set KPIs.
Some of the key responsibilities and duties include:
- Support the corporate governance responsibilities for operational business areas which requires the job holder to actively promote best practice throughout the company
- Managing contractual budgets and processes to resource activities correctly to maintain position as an effective and efficient support function for the client
- Reporting directly into the Director of Projects and will deputise in both responsibility and day-to-day decision-making in their absence
- Responsible for effectively managing the operational functions on the project to ensure best practices are followed, costs are controlled, the department maximises revenue generation and contribution to the company's operating profit and increases the value added to the company
- Lead and influence all employees on the projects to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained and carry out their responsibilities to the required standard
- Contribute to the development of the company's corporate strategy and support strategic development in the areas of operations & maintenance to ensure the company achieves its objectives
- Support the development and implementation of all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that the functions achieve their business objectives
- Support the development of all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that a safe and healthy working environment is maintained across the project
- Lead client stakeholder management – promoting a consistent approach, technical advice, and swift resolution of any identified problems
- Implementing business plan objectives and targets as set out in the strategy by reviewing the delivery, using new technology where appropriate and keeping staff trained and motivated
- Managing culture and change to ensure smooth running by communicating with the workforce
- CDM compliance
- Risk Management
- Programme and resource management
What you'll need to succeed
- Leadership experience in a similar role with a minimum of 5 years' experience
- A degree or equivalent and relevant professional qualifications in engineering or construction management
- Significant experience in the management and delivery of design, build, operate and maintain projects of varying values
- Excellent experience in Commercial buildings, utilities and roads and networks working on high profile national projects
- CDM compliance
- Excellent managerial experience in running multi-discipline teams
- Strong inter-personal and negotiating skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Time management skills
- Decision-making skills
- Good understanding of NEC contracts
- Performance management skills
- Motivational skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.