Your new company
You will be working in a vibrant, modern University which is gaining prominence both nationally and internationally with ambitious plans for their future. The main campuses are based in the cities of Cambridge, Chelmsford and Peterborough and have been transformed with major capital investments. With an excellent working environment and phenomenal benefits, this is an amazing opportunity.
Your new role
This is a great opportunity to shape and lead the development of the universities IT infrastructure and security architecture and its continuous development and oversight, providing the services underpinning staff and students at ARU.
This opportunity would be suitable for an experienced Senior Network Engineer/Infrastructure Engineer who is looking to step into a Solutions Architect position and architectural development.
As part of a small team, you will lead on the architectural development of the universities networks, cloud and security services, in collaboration with relevant subject matter experts and other on-premises infrastructure.
As an excellent communicator with substantial, relevant, and recent knowledge and experience of network, cloud, and security focussed architecture, you will have experience of working with a broad range of technologies, developing and implementing organisation level architecture, policies, and standards.
What you\'ll need to succeed
- Experience within a similar role or experiences at a Senior Network/Infrastructure Engineer with a passion to move into a Solutions Architect position
- Good communication skills
- Relevant professional qualification
- ITIL Certification
- Information system security architecture professional
What you\'ll get in return
You will be receiving an extensive benefits package including:
- A salary package circa £44,000 to £54,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 30 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays (plus campus wide closure for certain times of the years)
- Excellent pension scheme - chance to join LGPS
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Ongoing training and development
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.