Are you looking for a rewarding and challenging role as a Housing Support Worker in Wrexham? Do you have the skills and experience to support vulnerable homeless people across a patch of supported housing properties for people in short term tenancies? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are Hays Recruitment, a leading recruitment agency that specialises in finding the best talent for the social care sector. We are currently recruiting for a Housing Support Worker vacancy in Wrexham, supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness to obtain a long term tenancy, providing advice and guidance as well as signposting to services to support people with underlying conditions such as mental health disorders or a history of substance/alcohol abuse.
The role is shift based working full time, paying between £13 and £16 per hour depending on experience. This is an ongoing temporary agency vacancy that could lead to a permanent position for the right candidate.
As a Housing Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
- Assessing the needs and risks of the service users and developing personalised support plans with them
- Providing practical and emotional support to the service users to help them achieve their goals and aspirations
- Liaising with external agencies such as housing providers, health and social care professionals, substance misuse services, etc. to ensure the service users receive appropriate support and referrals
- Promoting the service users' independence, choice and empowerment
- Maintaining accurate records and reports of the service delivery and outcomes
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- A minimum of 6 months experience working as a Housing Support Worker or in a similar role supporting homeless people or people with complex needs
- A relevant qualification in social care or housing (e.g. NVQ Level 2/3) or willingness to work towards one
- A valid DBS check or willingness to apply for one
- A full UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- A flexible and proactive approach to work, able to work on a rota basis including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
If you are interested in this role, please apply online today with your CV or contact us on 01925 302 334 for more information. We look forward to hearing from you!