Mechanical Design Engineer - Nottingham - £40,000 - £55,000 18.7% pension contributions
Your new company
Arc Partnership is a joint venture with Nottinghamshire County Council and SCAPE group offering a range of innovative built environment services. Their vision is to be leaders in collaborative working, providing cost effective solutions which deliver an inclusive and engaging experience for our clients and the communities we serve.
They are looking to recruit an Intermediate to Senior Mechanical Engineer to work with our internal project team, comprising of structural and mechanical engineers, architects and other specialised consultants, to create and develop designs that meet client briefs.
They provide an inclusive and engaging work environment with SCAPE Group being recognised in the Top 100 Best Not-for-profit Companies to work for by the Sunday Times Best Companies List.Arc Partnership were also recognised in the Nottinghamshire Top 200 Companies List for 2022 and awarded for being the highest climbing organisation. They support, challenge, and continually develop our people to make a significant impact and contribution and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Your new role
• Liaising with other design professionals to create and develop designs that meet and satisfy clients briefs, ensuring this is within budget, time, and quality constraints.
• Acting as the electrical services specialism focal point for each individual project within the team for all statutory compliance and specialism project management.
• Managing projects effectively to ensure all work is carried in accordance with legal and technical regulations, codes of practice or guidelines.
• Delivering professional concept designs which recognise and minimise the lifecycle costs of the assets and simplify their future routine maintenance requirements.
• Providing professional and technical expertise and advice to all internal and external customers as required, ensuring quality standards are maintained.
• Coaching others as required to ensure best practice and quality of service is maintained.
• Assisting in producing project financial reports and projections for each individual project.
What you\'ll need to succeed
• Good interpersonal skills to work both internally with multi-disciplined teams and with clients and customers.
• Proven experience in designing, site surveying and project management of multiple building projects.
• Ability to successfully project manage complex multi-disciplinary projects, including budgets and final accounts.
• HNC in Building Services Engineering/Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) or willing to work towards.
• Excellent customer service skills and actively seeks ways to improve services and outcomes for clients.
• Ability to problem solve to meet operational targets and prioritising the resources available.
• Keeping up to date with statutory legislation, building regulations, industry good practice and guidance.
• Knowledge of RIBA stages of work, building services engineering design materials and technologies.
What you\'ll get in return
Flexible working options available.
£40,000 - £55,000 (Depending on Experience):
- Membership of Local Government Pension Scheme.
- 25 days' annual leave, in addition to 8 days' statutory bank holiday entitlement.
- An exceptional working environment and a friendly welcome to the team.
- Flexible working and a wide range of health and well-being and social activities.
- 18.7% pension contributions
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.