Your new company
One of the UK's leading distributors of industrial automation and control products.
If you are looking for a company that has a long-term vision and cares about its people and the planet, then look no further.
Your new role
An opportunity has arisen within our Head office for a Credit Controller. Working in the Credit Control team means being part of a centralised team working on your own ledger to collect payments by telephone and email.
- We are looking for someone with patience, persuasion and an eye for detail who enjoys seeing a task through to completion. You will be comfortable working with Microsoft packages and speaking to associates and customers.
- Responsibility for own set of Sales Ledger accounts.
- Collection of debtors by telephone, and written communication.
- Handling of customer queries, liaising with internal departments and customers.
- Responsibility for determining and controlling suitable credit limits.
- Responsibility for negotiating settlement of overdue monies, and agreeing release of held orders.
- Liaising with Sales in providing commercially acceptable solutions when granting credit to our customers.
- Assessing and raising of new credit accounts.
- Take charge of your personal development and contribute to the evaluation of performance in line with core competencies and learning and development framework.
- Observe Health & Safety policy and procedures
- Ad Hoc Tasks given by Credit Supervisor or Credit Manager.
What you'll need to succeed
- It would be preferable to have 2 years of Credit Control experience
- Experience of recovering payments
- Excellent communication skills
- Being well-organised and dependable will be important factors in being successful in this role.
- A thorough disciplined and detailed style is vital with the ability to analyse logical and detailed data.
- Good standard of education, GCSE English and Maths particularly A-C grade (or equivalent) is essential.
- Compliance with clearly defined processes is required
- We are looking for someone with drive, initiative and vision who wants to build a career
What you'll get in return
• Commencing with 25 days holiday a year, increasing with length of service up to 30 days, with the option to flex up/down 5 days
• Long Service Awards (gifts and one-off holiday awards of up to 5 days extra in anniversary year)
• Membership to a health and wellbeing cashback scheme
• Life Assurance of 2 times salary
• Membership to a group personal pension plan with employer contributions set at 5%
• Discretionary on the spot and value-based awards
• LinkedIn Learning Licence
• Paid time off for our Volunteering scheme
• Associate Discounts Portal
• Recruitment referral bonuses
• Payroll Giving options with Company Contributions
• Access to salary sacrifice Cycle Scheme
• Wellbeing support including App, Hub and Mental Health First Aiders
• Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme (Unum)
• Gym membership discounts • Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Leave
• Long Service Awards
• Work Place giving
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.