Head of SHEQ - Up to £60,000 - Manufacturing - Permanent
I am currently working with a key client based in Burnley who are looking for a Head of SHEQ to join the business on a permanent basis. My client is a manufacturing leader in their field, having been established for over 50 years. An impressive site, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced SHEQ professional to set strategy for site.
The main purpose of your role is to lead the SHEQ department and and manage all SHEQ initiatives whilst setting strategy and direction for the site. You will lead the business on policies and procedures as well as driving continuous improvement.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Influence and promote a positive culture
- Develop SHEQ strategies and objectives, ensuring these are reported on and KPI's managed efficiently
- Advise senior management on all matters relating to SHEQ
- Carry out audits on processes and procedures, promoting business improvements and leading change
- Lead H&S rep and committee meetings
- Manage implementation and continuous improvement of the group SHEQ Management systems
To be considered for this role you must have previous experience in a senior position and be able to demonstrate where you have led and set strategy for a business. Manufacturing experience is also required for consideration. You will have the ability to influence change at all levels and have excellent communication skills along with NEBOSH as a minimum, however, diploma is desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate Health & Safety professional to join a business who value Health & Safety. Full time hours with an early Friday finish. Salary £50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.