Principal Transport Delivery Officer
- Hays Building
- West Midlands, Birmingham
- £35745 - £43857 per annum + Excellent Pension + Annual Leave
- Closing date
- 23 Jun 2023
- Job position
- Senior Manager
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Function
- Project Manager
Principal Transportation Delivery Officer Birmingham City Council Midlands Construction Job Civil Opportunity
Your new company
Due to an exciting period of growth within the Civil Engineering Division at Birmingham City Council, we have a number of opportunities to join the team. Birmingham City Council is the largest unitary local authority in the country and the team lead work that contributes to Birmingham being a bold city, working on some of the largest scale projects that aim to support you in your development and expansion of portfolio.
They are currently recruiting for a number of experienced Principal Transport Delivery Officer to deliver a large and varied capital project portfolio with values of up to £30m. As their highways maintenance is outsourced, this role will be working with Capital Projects. The capital project team are involved in projects from conception to completion involving design, project management to handover. For example, smaller local safety traffic calming schemes such as double yellow lines, pelican crossings, installing chicanes and mini roundabouts, speed bumps through to larger scale projects such as road widening schemes, junction improvement, creation of new roundabouts and construction of new bypasses.
As a Principal Transport Delivery Officer your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Lead on the delivery of varied traffic and transportation engineering projects
- Design and Project Delivery Management of singular projects i.e. Pelican Crossings, Traffic Calming, New Traffic Roundabouts, Road Widening, New Bypass, Cycle Routes etc.
- Ability to use computer design and specialist software packages i.e ARCADY, PICADY, LinSig, TRANSYST, Saturn, MX Roads, Junctions
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships, including managing client expectations, project scope, and budgets
- Prepare technical reports, presentations, and proposals
- Apply CDM Regulations. Act as a Principal Designer where appropriate.
- Experience of NEC3 and NEC4 Contract Management
- Work collaboratively with clients, stakeholders, and team members to develop innovative transport solutions that meet project objectives, technical requirements, and budget constraints
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to less experienced team members
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, standards, and best practices
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant Degree / Equivalent Professional or Project Management Qualification / Demonstrable Experience
- Experience of using relevant design software packages i.e ARCADYS, PICADYS, LinSig, TRANSYST, Saturn, MX Roads, Junctions
- Excellent communication skills - being able to liaise and work collaboratively with clients, stakeholders and team members
- Experience in the application of CDM regulations
- Experience in managing and the delivery of traffic and transportation infrastructure projects including understanding the financials behind the project and client management
- Experience training and developing junior members of staff
- Experience of NEC3 and NEC4 Contract Management
- CEng or MICE is beneficial
What you'll get in return
- Salary between £35,745 - £43,857 depending on experience
- Local Government Pension Scheme - Your contributions :: LGPS (lgpsmember.org)
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Hybrid/Remote Working
- 29 Days Annual Leave, Increasing to 32 days after 5 years' service and to 34 after 10 years' service
- Option to purchase additional Annual Leave
- Opportunities to join great salary sacrifice schemes e.g. Cycle to Work, Annual Travel and Car Parking, as well as making the most of Tax and National Insurance savings
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Hays Construction and Property consultants have unparalleled recruiting expertise and an in-depth knowledge of the UK jobs market.
We are fully committed to finding job seekers the right job for the right reason. We place building specialists into every kind of position, including building, construction, architectural, project management, surveying and engineering jobs.
Our expert consultants offer a personalised recruitment service and will give you careers advice to ensure that you achieve your work ambitions.
Visit hays.co.uk for more information.
Apply for Principal Transport Delivery Officer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert