- MJH Recruitment Solutions
- £45k - 50k per year + Benefits
- Closing date
- 22 Jun 2023
- Job position
- Assistant, Qualified / Chartered
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Function
- Project Manager, Surveyor - Building, Surveyor - Quantity
Our client is a boutique project management practice based in Berkshire. They've seeking to hire a confident Assistant or budding 'project running' Project Manager to support a Director on a large business school project for a South East London University. You will be directly supporting the Director and then transitioning from support to running the project but with their consistent oversight. The project is on a challenging site, with complex issues to solve, and it’s currently budgeted at £40m with a project duration of 5 years.However, this project would only form 50% of your time and therefore you will need to factor being located on site as well as based out of their offices in Newbury. Any commute has to make sense! It’s also likely you’re possibly still progressing some professional certification and need to be in an office environment frequently - our client will happily support those seeking to achieve full professional status, ideally in pursuit of RICS.For the rest of your working week you will become an integral part of their close knit team making significant contributions to the business, both commercially and culturally. Other projects are located across the South East and Midlands so candidate must be able to drive, own their own vehicle and principally be within a 1.30hr commuting distance of the Newbury area (ie. locations west & north of Gatwick!).Successful applicant requirements:
- BSc in Surveying / Construction project management / Engineering or Architecture degree – with preference for Honours accreditation to RICS (APC pathway)
- Min 2/3 years full time professional consultancy experience to date
- Effective communicator and enthusiastic character.
- Good knowledge of the key principals of Project Management.
- Understanding general principles of project / development cost control.
- Understanding of project programmes and critical paths
- Good MS Office skills including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Car owner & driver (with clean licence)
Since 2000 MJH Recruitment has specialised in recruiting for the building and surveying industry. We pride ourselves on providing an exemplary recruitment service and matching top notch consultancy clients with talented job seekers.
Over the past 17 years, our focus has never changed: we hunt out candidates of the highest calibre in the following specialities:
- Project Managers
- Quantity Surveyors / Cost Consultants
- Building Surveyors
The majority of our appointments are in London and across the South East and we work with the following types of businesses:
- Professional quantity surveying practices (PQS)
- Building consultancies
- Project management specialists
- Multidisciplinary consultancies
Our knowledge of the construction consultancy industry is second to none and we have nurtured longstanding relationships with the brightest and the best.
With mjhr it’s simple. Outstanding customer relations and unrivalled recruitment expertise, choose the experts.
MJH Recruitment Solutions is a fully compliant corporate member of the recruitment employment confederation (No. 00068790) and as such upholds a strict code of recruiting ethics and conduct. We are also a member of the construction body of the Recruitment Employment Confederation and we are also a member of the Institute of Recruitment Professionals (No: 00075263).
You can contact us on 0207 932 0090 or please visit www.mjhrecruitment.com
We make things happen.
- 0207 932 0090
7 New Quebec St
Apply for Project Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert