Senior Quantity Surveyor, Manchester
Your new company
One of the UK's leading construction businesses, working to improve the UK's built environment and delivering lasting change for communities UK wide. With a genuine passion for providing vital buildings and infrastructure across the country, and a genuine belief that what they do makes a real difference to people's lives. Their culture is shaped by their vision, values and purpose proactively guiding their daily activities and whilst staying focused on what's important.
An award winning Tier 1 contractor with as much passion for their people as their projects. Committed to developing their employees personally and professionally at every stage in their career.
Working in a fast-paced, and exciting environment that will challenge and develop you, to ensure they attract and retain the best talent for their business.
Your new role
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will reporting to the Managing Quantity Surveyor and Commercial Manager and be in a mainly site based role, working on public sector projects in the North West. This will include Education, Healthcare and MoD schemes with a value up to £20m. Duties and responsibilities will involve managing the costs for sites and ensuring that targets are met by managing and controlling the budgets and valuations additional duties include;
- Finalising and producing sub contractor payments, ensuring these are signed off
- Managing costs in line with budgets and pricing variations to existing contracts
- Submitting final accounts, monitoring progress and snags throughout
- Following up all commercial issues weekly and attending various meetings, such as pre-order, valuation and project review with senior management, construction teams, sub contractors and stakeholders
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience within the Healthcare/Education sector, familiar with DFE schemes
- Main contractor experience, experience managing projects up to 20m in value
- Relevant Quantity Surveying qualifications preferred
What you'll get in return
- Salary up to £65,000 DOE
- Flexible working policy (site dependant)
- Car allowance / Company car including options such as Tesla, Polestar, Volvo, Audi
- Attractive pension & Bupa healthcare schemes
- 28 day holidays and 4pm Friday finish
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.