Multi Skilled Engineer/ Maintenance Engineer
Your new company
We are currently seeking a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer on the behalf of one of our clients who are well established in the manufacturing sector.
* To be an effective member of the maintenance team.
* Efficiently carry out any assigned task or duty.
* Provide flexibility when required for the good of the business and the team.
* To understand and contribute to achieving the goals of the business.
* Be prepared to develop the necessary skills and to efficiently carry out all maintenance team members tasks.
* To ensure the safety of oneself and others at all times.
* Contribute to and help implement continuous improvement, so as to enhance quality, efficiency, safety and waste reduction.
* Work as part of an effective response team on breakdowns and/or emergency repairs.
* Responsible for ensuring daily checks are carried out efficiently and in a timely manner and documents as required.
* To ensure all works carried out are compliant with Health and Safety requirements.
* Enter any maintenance on work request forms as required.
* Help & assist in the training of others and identify own training needs.
* Any other reasonable duties as required
What you need to succeed
* Working PLC knowledge and experience.
* Previous experience in the food manufacturing industry.
* Previous experience in providing engineering support on production and packing lines.
* Electrical / Mechanical qualification (City and Guilds or equivalent apprenticeship).
Technical Skills& management competencies
* Ability to follow instructions and use initiative.
* Excellent health and safety awareness.
* Experienced in installations, breakdowns and planned maintenance.
* Experienced in routine checks and identification of preventative measures.
* Competent in report writing.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.