Quantity Surveyor opportunity
Your new company
My client is based in Merseyside that have grown to a multimillion-pound construction company supporting clients in sectors including education, local government, housing associations, retail, health care and energy. This is spread across 4 divisions from major projects in the principal contractor role, small works (under £100,000), electrical division and our cleaning division. Sterling is truly a dynamic, exciting and fast-growing construction company with a very healthy future ahead.
Their Culture is all about their people. They have a talented team and their future depends on the right people being in the business that have the same core beliefs as they do. An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of their successful business and growing commercial team. They are seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious Quantity Surveyor to continue to facilitate the successful financial delivery of work within their Projects team across Merseyside and the wider Northwest.
Your new role
The role is to support the bidding and winning of identified target tenders and directly negotiated work opportunities and to play your part within the projects delivery team to procure the required subcontractors and suppliers, to ensure that the works are delivered safely and to the quality expected by our clients and end users, whilst ensuring timely applications for payment, the fair valuation of subcontract applications and the management of cash and scheme profitability.
Working on a broad range of works including Education, Health Service and Registered Provider refurbishment and construction work you will be expected to build trusting relationships based on "open partnering principles" to secure long term and repeat business relationships. The position will be based at their Knowsley head office, although it will be necessary to work from site / visit the sites in and around Merseyside and the Northwest on a regular basis.
Typically, the Quantity Surveyor, will report into the Commercial Director and will be expected to carry out the following:
- Preparation and pricing of estimates, bids and tenders.
- Development of the procurement programme & procurement schedule
- Place timely, value for money subcontract agreements and orders.
- Prepare and update cashflow forecasts and monitor cash flow.
- Prepare and submit monthly applications for payment to the Client/Client's representative.
- Prepare cost value reports for the monthly management meetings.
- Value and authorise payments to sub-contractors.
- Attend and contribute to value engineering and risk reduction meetings with work colleagues and Clients/Customers, building relationships and demonstrating excellent communication skills.
- Manage individual contract budgets.
What you'll need to succeed
- Quantity Surveying degree qualified with 4-8 years work experience.
- Experience of working with the public sector on refurbishment projects
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office.
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel and hold a Full UK Driving Licence
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- 26 Days Hols & Bank holidays
- Car Allowance
- Continued Professional Development
- Two day's paid volunteering per year
- Length of service awards
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.