- Hays Building
- West Sussex / Surrey / East Sussex
- £70000.00 - £85000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 8 Jun 2023
- Job position
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Function
- Project Manager
Project Manager for construction job vacancy permanent in Sussex and Surrey
Your new company
One of the UKs most progressive and ambitious National Tier 1 main construction contractors, working across a range of sectors - education, healthcare, industrial, residential, etc with both private and public sector customers. Employees benefit from a safe and rewarding working environment, on interesting and challenging projects.
About the role:
* Planning and development of policies and procedures, improvement plans and measures for creating a safe working environment in pursuit of achieving our 100% Safe goal and Perfect Delivery
* Ensure compliance with the Customer's and company's requirements and safety, health, environmental and quality (SHEQ) policies
* Control and coordinate subcontractors ensuring full compliance and adherence to procedures and method statements
* Deputise for the Contracts Manager in occasions of absence
* Undertake regular site inspections
* Maintain, complete and report on site quality, inspection and test, waste management and environmental plans
* Monitoring progress at site and prepare and daily weekly progress reports to the Contracts Manager
* Conduct performance and assessment of subcontractors
* Attend regular site progress meetings and prepare instructions to subcontractors and suppliers and evaluate subcontractors' claims for payment
* Coordinate direct reports (site Managers / supervisors)
* Ensure that technical enquiries are processed accordingly
Ideally you will have:
The ability to travel to sites - Full clean drivers licence
Ideally experience of working on schemes from £10m +
A good understanding of construction practices and standards,
Good organisational and supervision skills,
SMSTS, First Aid, CSCS cards
Ability to manage a given list of tasks and to work well either alone or as part of a team.
Enjoy working in an inclusive and hardworking team environment.
What will the job offer you?
Upto £82k + car
26 days standard holiday rising to 30 with length of service
- Option to buy 5 days extra holiday per year
- Private medical membership cover with option to pay for additional family member cover
- 4 x annual salary life insurance
- Company pension scheme matched up to 6% of annual salary
- flexibility for occasional remote working
- Working with a growing and dynamic team of people who are passionate about what they do and enjoy the challenge and pace of work in a hardworking and fun construction environment.
- An inclusive, supportive and team focused company
- Opportunity for continued training and a defined career path
Hays Construction and Property consultants have unparalleled recruiting expertise and an in-depth knowledge of the UK jobs market.
We are fully committed to finding job seekers the right job for the right reason. We place building specialists into every kind of position, including building, construction, architectural, project management, surveying and engineering jobs.
Our expert consultants offer a personalised recruitment service and will give you careers advice to ensure that you achieve your work ambitions.
Visit hays.co.uk for more information.
Apply for Project Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert