Site Manager (Civils)
- Hays Building
- West Sussex / East Sussex / Surrey
- £55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 6 Jun 2023
- Job position
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Function
- Construction Manager
Civils Site Manager for Sussex permanent job
Your new company
A leading Sussex based civils contractor working on ground breaking, industry-important projects including water; marine; infrastructure; regeneration; coastal; environment agency; tidal defence etc. . The company work on innovative and iconic projects in Sussex and surrounds. With multiple successful division's, a strong orderbook and equally strong profits the business is going from strength to strength. Due to several recently project awards, along with new phases opening on major projects a need has arisen for a permanent Site Manager to join the team.. The work will involve a variety of working on a large multiphase civils schemes; smaller one off projects or maintenance framework schemes.
Your new role
You will take overall responsibility for the day-to-day operational success of a project from award of contract to end of maintenance period. This is a leadership role with daily challenges. You will plan and communicate all site activities and report back to senior managers at regular reviews.
- Taking responsibility for a contract at handover from the estimator
- Ensure all HSE legislation and site rules are followed
- Develop and update the Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Plans, Waste Management plan, Carbon Calculator and Materials Management Plan in consultation with the Project / Contracts Manager
- Develop and review regularly method statements and risk assessments
- Maintain an up to date and relevant programme
- Management of all materials and sub contractors on site including overall management of labour, internally and externally hired plant, Subcontractors orders and payment, Site measurement. Hired Labour, Management of personnel
- Maintain /manage site records
- Work with the site Quantity Surveyor to monitor the valuations and final account, reports, day work
- When required be responsible for client communication and public relations
- Chair daily / weekly briefing and review meetings
- Completion of Project Close-Out reports
- Produce Monthly report and updated programme
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a Site Manager with a civils background, ideally with civils sector experience. You will be comfortable working on a fast paced professional sites and be driven to progress in the business. You will have experience of all phases of civils Site Management. What you will need :-
- At least 5 years experience within a Construction site environment
- CSCS Mangers card
- Competent IT skills with the MS Office software packages
- Can prioritise with good time management
- A team player who can enjoy a challenge
- Competent to use MS Projects
- Driving Licence
- Ideally a BSc degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or HNC/HND in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Background in some or all - water works / environment agency / civils /coastal etc
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary c.£60k
Car or car allowance £4500 (with opportunity for electric option)
Matched contribution pension upto 10%
25 days holiday Private healthcare
Employee Assistance Programme (financial and wellbeing assistance / signposting)
Perk box for retail discounts and savings at major supermarkets and retailers
Holiday staff party and hamper
Affiliation with the Lighthouse Charity
Mental Health 1st Aider
The company are supportive to their staff and encourage their teams to excel at what they do and promote training and development.
Working with a company with a broad range of civils engineering projects for interesting and innovative projects.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Hays Construction and Property consultants have unparalleled recruiting expertise and an in-depth knowledge of the UK jobs market.
We are fully committed to finding job seekers the right job for the right reason. We place building specialists into every kind of position, including building, construction, architectural, project management, surveying and engineering jobs.
Our expert consultants offer a personalised recruitment service and will give you careers advice to ensure that you achieve your work ambitions.
Visit hays.co.uk for more information.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert