Designated Project Engineers - Rail
- Hays Building
- Derbyshire, Derby / Greater Manchester, Manchester / London
- £40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + additional benefits
- Closing date
- 6 Jun 2023
- Job position
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Function
Designated Project Engineers job, Locations: London, Derby, Birmingham, Crewe, Doncaster, Manchester or York
Your new company
Our clients UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of the Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes this business the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
Your new role
The Central Rail Systems Alliance is responsible for the delivery of multi-disciplinary railway upgrade projects on the North West & Central and Eastern regions of Network Rail's recently devolved routes. The programme of works delivered by the teams is valued at £2bn and manages the development, design and delivery of Switches and Crossings and Plain Line renewals as its core business but is also responsible for the delivery of major enhancement projects.
The team you will be a part of is being built to offer Network Rail a supply chain partner to fulfil their requirements for Assurance Engineers, as part of Project ACE and the dispositioning of Designated Project Engineers and Project Engineers.
It is a hybrid working model with requirement to occasionally visit our Midland project offices.
What you'll need to succeed
A professional engineer, appointed to a Portfolio, Programme or Project, accountable for the technical assurance of all engineering, design, and construction activities.
- Accountable and Responsible for project engineering team appointments.
- Accountable and Responsible for CEM appointment.
- Responsible for Acceptance for general requirements.
- Responsible for Interdisciplinary Coordination.
- Consulted on Interdisciplinary Checks (IDC).
- Accountable and Responsible for Interdisciplinary Reviews (IDR).
- Accountable and Responsible for Technical Approval.
- Accountable for Technical Acceptance.
What you can bring:
- Significant experience in the co-ordination of engineering disciplines, with involvement in construction and design projects across multi discipline areas.
- Significant working knowledge and application of the Construction Design Management (CDM) Regulations.
- Knowledge of Constructability Assessment and Construction processes, procedures, and planning.
- Knowledge of safety management and quality assurance.
- Understanding of the arrangement required for the independent assessment of works.
- Understanding of Project ACE Technical qualifications to at least HND level or equivalent.
- Membership of a relevant professional institution at Chartered or Fellow status.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
A salary up to £60k and a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Hays Construction and Property consultants have unparalleled recruiting expertise and an in-depth knowledge of the UK jobs market.
We are fully committed to finding job seekers the right job for the right reason. We place building specialists into every kind of position, including building, construction, architectural, project management, surveying and engineering jobs.
Our expert consultants offer a personalised recruitment service and will give you careers advice to ensure that you achieve your work ambitions.
Visit hays.co.uk for more information.
Apply for Designated Project Engineers - Rail
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert