Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Hays Building
- Cambridgeshire, Cambridge
- Closing date
- 6 Jun 2023
- Job position
- Senior Manager
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Function
- QS / Cost consultant
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Construction - Negotiable Salary
Your new company
One of the UK's leading contractors with over a 100 years of experience. Operating across the UK in a number of sectors including: Construction, Residential, Fit Out, Maintenance and Engineering
Your new role
Senior Quantity Surveyor required to for a new major construction project in Suffolk. As a Surveyor with in the team you are accountable for the development and implementation of all pre and post contract strategies, including commercial functions and contract reporting.
You will manage the costs on a construction project, helping to ensure the construction project is completed within its projected budget.
- Develop and encourage project team performance, encouraging and ensuring contractual obligations are met, strategies completed and regularly reviewed.
- Complete and submit Business Unit reports.
- Demonstrate an understanding of internal and external tender strategies.
- Develop beneficial relationships with our clients and consultants.
- Demonstrate an understanding of business issues which affect the project consultant teams.
- Work with the Surveying Manager to agree and produce main and subcontract final accounts.
- Ensure all subcontract management and process obligations are complete within procurement, measurement and valuation, contractual instructions, notices, orders also Health and Safety.
- Organise tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the client.
- Perform risk, value management and cost control during construction. Identify, analyse, and develop responses to any project commercial risks.
- Value completed work, oversee bills and arrange payments.
What you'll need to succeed
- A confident communicator with the ability to write reports to deliver information clearly to a diverse range of people across the team.
- Able to develop relationships with good interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in numerical and data analysis skills.
- Creative with an innovative approach to problem solving
- An experienced Quantity Surveyor with the ability to motivate and lead a team
- Resilient and determined with the ability to work well under pressure
- Detail orientated with knowledge of past and current building and construction technology, processes, and materials.
- Committed to zero harm, with a good understanding of Health and Safety legislation and the application of Health and Safety systems.
- Dedicated to building an organisation which is representative of the communities we serve, offering equality of opportunities to assist in creating a diverse and an inclusive work environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Hays Construction and Property consultants have unparalleled recruiting expertise and an in-depth knowledge of the UK jobs market.
We are fully committed to finding job seekers the right job for the right reason. We place building specialists into every kind of position, including building, construction, architectural, project management, surveying and engineering jobs.
Our expert consultants offer a personalised recruitment service and will give you careers advice to ensure that you achieve your work ambitions.
Visit hays.co.uk for more information.
Apply for Senior Quantity Surveyor
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert